Tuesday 31 July 2007

Movies?

Today, as I was trying to decide on a movie to watch with Dani, I came to the realization that I have seen over half of the movies currently out in theatres. This is ridiculous. Especially since I've seen all but one of those movies in the past month.

But why? You ask. Because, I answer, my house has no air-conditioning and I've been desperate. My mother, who hates The Simpsons, asked me if I wanted to watch the movie with her. SHE asked me. The same woman who used to make us change the channel when the yellow family graced our television screen. She casually asked me if I'd like to see the movie with her, and I said yes. But inside I felt like my world was being turned upside down and shaken. (By the way, it's just like The Simpsons for ninety minutes on the big screen, I love The Simpsons, but not a "must see" in the theatres, by any means).

Hanging out in the Loveland Public Library has been a favorite for awhile. There are a few coffee shops that I like to be in. Really what it comes down to is this: when it's hot, I do whatever I can to not be inside the house.

I'm desperately trying to learn some Russian. Only 18 days left...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've been able to keep yourself cool and entertained at the same time this summer!

I was talking with my mom last night, and she told me about how your parents have been going to Hope Springs this summer, and we got to talking about your trip. Anywho, we realized that we don't know (1) exactly where you'll be or (2) exactly what you'll be doing there or (3) exactly what you'll be eating there.

Please inform.