Monday 23 July 2007

Goodbye, Harry

So I've finally finished the last Harry Potter Book and I feel like part of my childhood is over. The really funny thing about that feeling is I did not start reading the books until I was nineteen years old. I suppose it's about time I feel like my childhood is over, right?

Today I bought a good (giant) backpack so that I can visit strange and amazing places in Kazakhstan and keep everything I need on my back. I remember packing for Belgium five years ago and thinking that I was going to forget something uber-important. I felt a little less anxious, but still apprehensive when I was packing for Spain. I'm afraid my problem right now is that I am not worried enough to begin packing properly. Granted, I don't really need to be packed for a couple weeks, but I should probably start putting some thought into what I am missing so that I can go out and buy it...

Who am I kidding? There is nothing that I can take with me that will magically make the experience any easier, or me any happier. There will be fun times, there will be bad days. The right shampoo won't significantly change anything.

I wish I was always this level-headed.

0 comments: