Sunday 8 July 2007

Mountain time

I spent a lot of time this week in the mountains with friends that I won't get to see much after this week. I will miss them. I will miss the mountains. Kazakhstan has mountains, but not all over. It's pretty likely that I will be living in "pancake-like terrain" so I need to learn how to not be dependent on the western horizon, especially when it comes to directions.

Anyway, I think it was weirdest saying goodbye to one friend. I don't see him much as it is, but I realized that this time I won't see him for two years. Two Years! Who will make me play frisbee golf in the woods? I won't be at the annual cabin "bash" for two years. It's not really that long, but it is sort of sad.

I'm about to leave for over a week. Here's the plan: 1) Camp council a bunch of 6th graders. 2) Go to Nebraska. 3) Go to Illinois for Burritos as Big as Your Head!

The Burritos are something Em and I have been planning since December. Yes we are driving from Nebraska to Illinois for some burritos, but we have to know... are they really as big as my head?

0 comments: