Friday 19 October 2007

Going home!

We finally get to visit our sites (we leave tomorrow!) and I'm really excited to see what home will be like. I get to meet a few families that want to let me live with them, and hopefully I'll like at least one of them too.

I met my counterpart yesterday, and she is so nice. I'm really excited to work with her for the next two years. So tomorrow we get on a train (or, actually a few different trains) and we go off to our sites to visit and meet potential families and our schools. It's a little nervewracking though. I mean, I've had a comfortable cushon of americans surrounding me this whole time, and now... it's mostly just me. This is not entirely true, I have a site mate, but her school is far from mine. This next week is a taste of what my life will be like.

Excited/nervous/tired. That's about it for now.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool, Jess! I hope you really love the new town where you'll be. wow, you're having such a huge adventure!