Monday 2 February 2009

All my best intentions

So I had this really great idea about a week ago for a post and got it all ready on my computer at home, then got the internet place to upload it and the power went out. Twice. Then I forgot the flashcard today. So I'm just going to blab a bit about what I've been doing... It's pretty much business as usual now. My site mate and I had our first successful combined English club at the center library last week. This is significant because we've been showing up since December with the intention of having a club and nobody showed. But see what perseverance and relentless self-advertising does? You get one student who comes on purpose and three students who wander in on accident and wind up staying because it's fun. I'll let you all know if we get more this week. One of my students came into class Thursday talking about the club, "It was so cool! We played games, we watched part of an American television show!" Then he turned to me, "Miss Jessica, what WAS that yesterday?" So with my new signs, and that student talking it up, I think we'll have a real club this week. He doesn't even know what fun is yet.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,
Think of you often -- great to hear that you're excited about the new English Club -- hoping you have lots of interest!!! Happy New Year from cold and snowy Illinois!
hugs, marj