Thursday 16 August 2007

Freak out

I leave in 48 hours.

I feel "ready" but I have this sneaking suspicion that I'm missing something...

I just got back from Illinois. Taking Danielle to school/seeing family/meeting people who know people who have grandkids in K-stan. Fun time. I also received a gift card for Barnes and Nobel, another pretty journal, and a day planner. I need to go spend the card, but I need to keep in mind that I don't have much room left. I'll get back to you.

Welcome back to the land of the "living" (high-speed internet) Sarah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

even though I already don't see you very often, I want to say that I'll miss you *extra* when you're in the Land of Kazakhs! but when I get home (from my little trip) next week, I will go to the post office and figure out how to send a letter to you way over there. I have some cute stationery, and I ought to share it!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Jess! You'll be brillant. When my brother went to the Peace Corps, I think he got a journal from everyone. Write a lot about your experiences over there. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the welcome back!

You will be fine. Kazakhstan will be wonderful, I know it.

I'm not sure if you'll have time or energy to get together tomorrow...but I'm around! Give me a call on the land line (703) number I left you in the facebook message I sent.

Hopefully see you tomorrow! :)