Friday 7 September 2007

I'm alive!!

Hello! Ok, I don't have much time, and so much to tell you. Everything here has been just super so far. I mean, I couldn't have asked for a better three weeks. Even the times when I feel stressed out, I feel like it's managable. My host family is really nice, and I love being in their house. I haven't eaten anything sketchy (yet) and although I did get sick once, I am pretty sure it was not because of the food. The sickness was not fun, but I got through it, and I can do it again (it will happen again, I've accepted that).

We begin teaching next week, which is so cool, and so bizarre. Who would have thought? Me? A teacher! Oh boy! Russian is coming along slowly, but I think I like it. I like languages.

Ok, I've gotta get going, but everything here is going so well. Everyone I've met has been so nice and welcoming, and our trainers have been just amazing and helpful. Hopefully next time I write I can say more, but until then... Just know that things here are going really well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to hear from you and know that things are going well!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad!

Yay Jessica in Kazakhstan!

:)

Anonymous said...

yay!! I'm so happy to know things are working out fine for you! :-D


(I sent you a letter a few days ago, but I hadn't seen your additional information about including the address in both languages... oops. hopefully it'll get there without any problems anyhow!)