Wednesday 6 June 2007

Placement!!

Sarah, pack your bags, you will be visiting me in Kazakhstan. We'll jump down to Dushanbe, Tajikistan and thank them personally for the Russian Tea House they gave to Boulder. (Did you know they are one of Boulder's sister cities? I didn't until recently.)

So, the unexpected (sort of) part... Instead of leaving in October or November, I am supposed to take off from Denver August 19th. I am taking this news with enthusiasm. My parents seemed kind of rattled on the phone... we're doing dinner tonight. Ha ha, I'll let you know how that plays out. I think they would have been more freaked out before if it really hit them that this is what I am doing with the next two years of my life. August kind of hit too close for them. This is good.

I am excited and a little freaked out, but mostly glad to finally have everything sorted out. Here's three years of planning, and hoping, five months of applications and interviews and phone calls all finally coming together.

Last night Sister Haley came over and she, Em and I played Trivial Pursuit with some Pink Truck. After a shakey start, I am proud to announce that I won, but mostly it was a lot of fun and I am going to miss them a lot. A lot, a lot. Emily, if you read this you need to visit me too. I'll meet you in Greece or India or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jessica! That's great! I will totally come visit you if I can.

If you want me to, I can suggest some books to read or email addresses of people around here who know about Kazakhstan who you could talk to. I'm sure they have you covered that way, but still I offer my services such as they are.

I'm so excited for you! Yay adventure!

Let us know how the dinner goes. ;)

As for me, I graduate in two days and then will be in Thornton for a few months, I think.

Anonymous said...

yay Jessica yay! you are absolutely the coolest person I know!